Saturday, March 6, 2010

Putting a better plan in place...

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that feels as if there aren’t enough hours in a day to get it all done. I'm sure that I am not. I wake up each morning with a plan but I don’t always get everything done. I work hard but sometimes I feel like I just need a few more hours to bring each project to a close. Life is difficult to balance when there a so many things waiting to be completed. What to do?

I think the answer might be better time management. My plan when I get home from work today is to compose a better list with a target date of completion for each project. My goal list doesn’t include a target date of completion and this will probably allow my focus to change. I am focused but have about three books I need to complete in order to feel that I can devote more time to other things. Of course there is also song writing and researching the business. Sometimes when I try to accomplish a task, lyrics rear their head into what I am doing forcing me to write down a few sentences or sometimes an entire song. Although it’s exciting, at times it’s also distracting.

My plan for today is to use each hour doing something productive. If work is tranquil today, I plan on using those hours to get some things done. I travel with mini notebooks and a one subject notebook at all times so I am going to put them to use today. It will all work itself out. I can’t get any extra hours added to my day no matter how hard I plead. So, I have to modify my goal list and schedule to improve my production and completion of projects. I don’t want to have too many things hanging in the wind waiting for my completion. If an opportunity presents itself, I want to be ready.

I am not complaining about the creativity that God has placed at my fingertips. For that, I am forever grateful. There is a fire inside of me that is raging and it comes in the form of a script, books, and lyrics. I just want to get it all done and that means I need to modify the way I am doing things. Plan for today… modify and focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment