Monday, January 23, 2012

Are you ready for a refreshing?




I read someone’s FB status yesterday that said, “God might not come today. He may not bring what you need tomorrow. Remember that He is coming.” I paraphrased it but that was the basic yet profound idea. I know a lot of my friends are going through things. Some people in my family might be also. Remember… YOU are not alone. YOU aren’t the only one going through things. And YOU will get through even your darkest moments. Know that even your worse is better than the “worse” of some. Where you are may not be the best place for you but it is where you are supposed to be. You will prevail. You’ve done it before and I believe in you. 

I have been on journeys that I haven’t expected go through. Some came when I least expected. When I got there I didn’t think I would get through it. I survived even when I knew in my heart that I wouldn’t. When I got through it, I refused to look back.  I have lived long enough to know that things do and will get better. Life is one of the best teachers of strength. Whatever we are searching for will eventually come. It doesn’t always come when we feel that we need it most but it comes when we need it. You must endure pain in order to truly embrace the gain. As a result of everything you experience growth occurs.  It really does.

I believe in God. Some don’t. In order to get through both the good and bad times I hold on tight to His promises. I can only encourage those of you who don’t believe in God or something greater than you to hold on. It will come and good things will come to you. If you pray and believe, be fervent. Don’t every stop praying. Some folks say, “Pray until something happens.” I do and then I start praying again.

I saw Oprah talking to a minister a few days ago that said he started his day with prayer. I do too. He prays for 30-90 minutes in the morning. I don’t. I thought initially that it was a lot of time to sit without your mind wandering as mine definitely would. Then I realized that my mother does this daily. She sits in her chair every morning and becomes the prayer warrior that she is. I pray throughout my day but have never sat for 30-90 minutes praying. I can remember when I sat alone in the dark one day praying for about ten minutes. It was an amazing experience.  It was refreshing.

Would it be hard for me to do this? I don’t know. I know that it takes discipline combined with faith. I have the faith. I have to become more disciplined with the amount of quality time I spend praying. This is not a challenge. This will be something that I hope to do for the rest of my life. Prayer is easy, and I’m going to embrace the peace it brings. I’m ready for a refreshing. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment