Monday, July 26, 2010

Working toward my breakthrough...

I am writing songs and trying to finish my adolescent fiction novel. I think I will be finished with it soon. Its a pretty interesting story which I will share once it is complete and I officially register the copyright. I am working on getting my adult fiction novel published. I wrote this book when life threw me a curve ball. It was a great motivator for me and guided me to where I am now. Hopefully I will have "Vengeance is Mine Says the Lord... except in the 'hood," published during 2010. If not, it will be released in 2011. I am really excited about it and have received some good feedback on it by those who have read the manuscript.

I have also been doing book reviews which I've shared on my blog. I hope that everyone has enjoyed reading them. I read fiction books and nonfiction books but prefer fiction. I am open to most genre. I love to read and am trying not to limit myself to one particular genre. If you are interested in buying the books or anything else on Amazon.com, you can get to their website via my blog.

Minister Steve is in the studio working on his CD. He is also ministering this Friday at the 5th Annual Lincoln Park Music Festival in Newark, New Jersey. The event is from July 30th-August 1st. He will be ministering on July 30th and is making changes to his website (www.ministersteve.com). He is working diligently to get his CD finished so we can take his career to the next level. I am so excited about all the progress he has made and look forward to the direction he is getting ready to go in.

I have been writing songs almost daily. It never stops, LOL!! My mind stays busy thinking of what song to write next. There are times when I am reading and something pops up or when I am walking and the trees sway a certain way an idea comes to mind. I am beyond thankful for being able to write songs. I am working with my friend, Martin Dominguez Ball, on my songs. He is an amazingly talented musician. He has a band Larrama and has played in various venues.

God has placed me in the right place with the right people. I am being inspired by new friends and old friends. When I even think that things might not go as I have planned God shows me different. Working with Martin has allowed me to fully embrace the possibiity of songwriting success. We've completed three songs. Two are country and one could be pop, rock or country. You can listen to them by going to directly to my page on www.soundclick.com and search Stacey P.

I am working toward my breakthrough. I am a social worker by profession but my goal is to transition into the music industry. I already shared that vision with God so I know it will come to fruition!

No comments:

Post a Comment