Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I sit in front of my computer screen with many thoughts floating through my mind on the eve of one of my favorite days, my birthday! I think of the journey that I've been on and this thing called life. I've made a few detours along the way but God always managed to guide my path. No matter how many times my young mind led me astray, I managed to get right back to where God wanted me to be.

So, as I sit three hours away from turning forty-three I lift my eyes in awe. In awe at the wonder of what my life has become. I had no drug addiction or anything as severe as that but I had become complacent. I had become comfortable just being a social worker and working so hard to diligently take care of everyone else. I realized, at forty, that I needed to be more than a social worker at this point in my life to truly be happy. To be happy in my personal life meant I needed to look beyond my educational background into my heart. Inside I found gifts that I had allowed life to suppress.

I reached down deep and found a childlike spirit hiding alongside those gifts and the love in my heart for myself and others swelled. I embraced the childlike spirit and began dreaming bigger dreams for myself. My dreams for my life partner and I began to increase as I realized how blessed I was to have such an honest, compassionate, loving person in my life. My relationship with God is something I've never felt before. It is amazing! At forty, my life had begun and I promised to never stop living once I started.

Tonight, I vow to have a year that is beyond measure. I am no longer complacent. I am eager to see my dreams of becoming a successful writer, songwriter, and whatever else is on my heart come true! I thank God for Jen, my family, health, love, passion and desire. He has blessed and protected me for forty-three years and I hope to be blessed to see many more. God is... I am... thankful!

2 comments: