Sunday, January 29, 2012

My "Aha" Moment...

I just had an “aha” moment. I am writing and listening to music. It’s what I do. I find it’s easier to write when blocking out the rest of the world with music. It really helps my creative juices flow. I was writing when William McDowell’s song, “I Won’t Go Back,” flowed in to my headphones. I was unable to type the words that were in my head because my heart and mind were overwhelmed by the lyrics. The power behind them was amazing.

The part of the song that struck me was when they sing, “I can’t go back to the way I used to be before your presence came and changed me.” It’s that basic. It is that simple. A few years ago I had the deepest conversation with God I ever had in my life. On that day I begged Him to make things better. I begged Him for things in my life to change. I asked for Him to make me better. I lifted my hands, heart and mind up to Him. He changed my life. And He changed the way I look at situations and the world. Life is good.

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. But... I am better. I haven’t arrived where I am longing to go yet. Thankfully, I am not even close to where I used to be. I barely recognize that person. So… it was the basic things that created the greatest moments in my life. The simple things that created the NOW in my life! I let go of the pain of my past and the way I dealt with it. There is nothing that will make me give that up. I came out of so many difficult circumstances standing taller than I went in. No one person or any situation will take me back to when I was unable to see the smallest light shining in the darkest moments…

“I can’t go back to the way I used to be…” I declare it. Pure joy. Nothing else tastes like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment