Sunday, January 1, 2012

Make 2012 a great year!!


As the bells toll ringing in every New Year, your dreams should get bigger not smaller. You may not have achieved your goals for 2011.  Don’t fret.  Jot them down and carry them into 2012 with a vengeance. Combining them with your current list of goals will help you maintain your focus.
                                                   

I’m continuing my publishing endeavors. I’m writing as much as I can so that when the moment arrives, I’ll be ready. I just paused from things to relocate in August and am taking care of things that currently take precedence over publishing my work. However… it will be coming to daylight soon.

My computer and flash drives refuse to continue housing my manuscripts unless I share them… LOL! I’m committed to do so and trust that 2012 will be a good year. I’m currently looking for the best copyeditor and book cover designer. I want all of my ducks in a row so to speak. It will come when it is supposed to and I know this is the year.

Along this writing journey I think I have found a voice in a genre that doesn’t get heard from too often. I have a young adult fiction story that I hope will reach LGBT teens. I also have a middle grade reader completed and one close to completion. I have one adult fiction book completed and am in the final stages of completing another. I’m working on two inspirational or spiritual books. They’re faith based or motivational filled books but wouldn’t necessarily be classified as religious.

I’m not trying to be boastful or arrogant. That’s not a part of my character. I share all of this to hold myself accountable and let you know that I really am working diligently to bring my dreams to life. I can’t encourage people without inspiring myself to remain focused.

As the year begins we can readily call out things that didn’t go right for us in 2011. It could’ve been unemployment, a breakup or divorce. However, we pause when it comes to things that went well. I look at it this way… if I hadn’t survive the things that I thought would be the end of my world, I couldn’t stand here today in a better place telling you different. Life happens to make us stronger. Every current moment/experience is connected to future moments. It’s imperative that we pay attention to the cues so that we make the right decisions.

So… if the year doesn’t end well for you make a promise to make 2012 even better. Embrace your dreams and remain mindful of how deserving you are. Don’t just watch others succeed. Create ways that you can as well. Think outside the box and you will find ideas inside of you that you didn’t know existed.  YOU are a winner and the same success awaits you… dream BIG and achieve!


No comments:

Post a Comment