Monday, February 13, 2012

Why did I start writing?


I started writing as a teen. I had a good childhood but I wasn’t one that shared my feelings with others. I was extremely quiet. I started writing so I could express the way I felt about things I went through as a teen. I grabbed notebook after notebook jotting things down. From that I began writing short stories and poetry.  My stories came out of real events but I enjoyed writing them like short stories instead of like journal entries.

During my adulthood I continued writing in journals and creating poems and lyrics. Around 2006, I started writing my first manuscript and then a few others followed. In 2011, I decided to work toward publishing some of my work. In 2012, I am actively working toward bringing my manuscripts to life. I write both adult and YA fiction. A number of friends asked me to write an inspirational or motivational book. I am hoping to bring that to life soon as well.

Writing began as a way of coping with events that I experienced in life. When I publish my work, I hope to bring a voice to people who have difficulty expressing what they feel. I write almost everyday and have no idea what I would do if I didn’t write… I love it!

7 comments:

  1. I think that's why writing is so wonderful. It's a way for us to express things we have difficulty expressing otherwise. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely great therapy! Even when I write something that has nothing to do with my life, it gives me a way to focus on something outside of myself. I get to explore things that I don't have in my life, and it gives me a way to relax and get my mind off of my worries. One thing about writing is even when it's difficult, I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I can get more emotions from writing. One of these days, I need to just sit down and write.

    But sitting down and writing is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @S.L. Hennessy Thanks so much!!

    @Angela M. I find its great therapy for me. I agree with everything you said in your post too.

    @Co.. Sometimes sitting down and writing is hard but maybe it will get easier if its done more often. When I feel like I am having a hard time I just move onto something else. Then I end up sitting back down to write. LOL! Good luck and keep writing.

    Thanks to everyone for reading my post and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think writing is the best form of therapy out there. I wish more people would discover it:)
    Great to meet you through the Origins blogfest.

    your newest follower,
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You too, Nutshell! Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have difficulty expressing my feelings too, sometimes - but writing stories is different, I can be totally open in them!

    ReplyDelete