Saturday, February 11, 2012

Writing, writing, and more writing...

I wonder what I would do if writing and music didn't exist. I love both of them tremendously. What else would I do during my free time? I would probably sit staring at a computer doing nothing after hours or surfing the internet, or watching television. I finished another manuscript last night. Then I sat thinking, what am I supposed to do now? I have two manuscripts that need to be brought to a clear end and one that needs to be edited by me. However, I wanted to work on a new one.

I looked through my word documents and found an adult fiction manuscript that I had started last month. I was excited that it was there so I could start writing again. I know that it won't take much to bring the other two manuscripts to an end. I will work on them next. The funny thing is that I said that before I started writing the one I just finished.

I have a habit of working on more than one project at a time. I have never been able to focus on one project without having others lingering around waiting for my attention. I will get to the other two manuscripts after this one. I have to because it doesn't make me happy to have unfinished projects sitting around. For now I will continue working on the one I just started yesterday while waiting for my young adult manuscript to come back from the editor.

I am excited that my manuscript is in the hands of someone that isn't family or a friend. I trust their opinions because we don't support something that we know is not going to be received by others as good. For example, I refuse to encourage someone to sing in public if I know they can't carry a tune in private. My family is the same. We are honest even when it hurts. Still I am anxiously but eagerly  waiting to see what she thinks about my writing style.

As I wait to hear back from my editor [ah, that sounds sweet!] I will remain faithful and diligent. I plan on working on my manuscripts and Minister Steve's two albums we'd like to release in the Spring of 2012. I can't wait until the manuscripts turn into books and the lyrics, melodies, and his vocals, evolve into a completed Gospel CD. And I will write, write, and write until my fingers refuse to punch the keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment