Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reviews on the way...

I set a personal goal of reading as many as five books per month. Well, I may fall a little short of that goal this month but have read three books thus far. I have a week to at least finish the fourth one that I am currently reading. Next month I will definitely reach my goal unless of course, life manages to get in the way.

I have three review books on the way to my house and am quite excited. I had no idea how important a review is to the success of a book and I enjoy writing them. I often wonder why some people are so rude when they write a review. There is a way to make suggestions to an author without being offensive. Kindness goes along way and it helps to give criticisms in a way people can grow. I personally stop listening when people offer criticism in a rude manner. It is not helpful! Besides, we all have different interests and just because one person doesn't like it doesn't mean that someone else won't. Be mindful.

I didn't write yesterday. I need to do some revisions so that I can send my work to an editor. I am looking forward to seeing my dreams through! So, I have to write a few hours each day. Sounds like another goal to me! I can't wait to get to the finished product! I hope that when my books are done that reviewers will be helpful to the success of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment