Monday, January 25, 2010

Screwing the Pooch... great read!

Screwing the Pooch
By J.B. Bergstad
Publisher: Woodside Publishers Group
Published: 2009
ISBN: 9780615284064

I don't make it a habit of reading short stories because I always feel thirsty for more. However, J.B. Bergstad quenched my thirst in all seven short stories in Screwing the Pooch... Each story is well written and complete with each character driving the chapters from beginning to end.

From seven-year-old Milton to the retired suicidal sheriff I felt a range of emotions--sadness, happiness, laughter and pain--as each individual dealt with their challenges.I don't have a favorite tale but am leaning towards the tales where karma shows up--in the lives of the narcissist rapist, little Milton's bully, and the retired sheriff's robber--as each bully gets what they deserve.

As you turn the pages of this fast paced, thought provoking collection of short stories, you will not be disappointed. This is a brilliant piece of work and I highly recommend it...

No comments:

Post a Comment