Thursday, April 22, 2010

Magically Delicious Cookbook Review...


Magically Delicious
Felicia Martin
Publisher: Create Space
Published: 2010
ISBN: 9781438232935
Pages: 240


This book was filled with meals that could be prepared easily on a daily basis. It wasn't a book filled with ingredients that were foreign to me. The lists that were provided included food that I was familiar with. However, the author did inform you of where to find certain ingredients in the grocery store that were less commonly used ingredients. She included a list of spices, cleaning tips, a recipe index and a glossary of terms used in the recipes and for cooking as well. This was an added touch.

I wish the author would have included a table of contents to guide the book easier. I am big on presentation. Most cookbooks are usually bright, colorful and inviting and I feel this book would be better received if the books color scheme was different. Most importantly I wish the pictures of the food were in color. The food would be more inviting when the pictures jump out at you. In black and white it is hard to appreciate the finished products. I hope if the author is planning on writing a second cookbook that there are color photos in the next one. Color explodes off the page whereas the current photos don't allow you to enjoy what the food could look like.

This book has recipes that can be used in any home and I recommend readers add it to their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment