Monday, April 26, 2010

Blow Dart: The Abduction Book Review...

Blow Dart: The Abduction
Patricia Gayle
Publisher: Dog Ear Publishing
Published: 2009
ISBN: 97816084431347
Pages: 232


In a word, brilliant! I am a fast reader when I'm interested in a book but my pace is faster when the book is extremely good. I finished this book which shall now be classified as one of my favorite books, in only a day and a half! This book is a fast paced thriller that grabs your attention from the first page never letting go until the very last word. My anticipation for the next one was heightened after reading the epilogue. Ms. Gayle leaves readers thirsty for more!

Patricia Dawson is an extremely good friend and because of that she is thrust into a position she does not deserve to be in. She is happily married and innocently offers relationship advice to two of her closest friends. As a result, she ends up fighting for her life as well as that of her best friend. Patricia is left in the woods barely alive and is rescued by a man that she eventually falls in love with.

Ms. Gayle's amazing storytelling ability allowed me to feel a range of emotions that mirrored those that Patricia felt-- fear, anxiety, sadness, anger, rage-- toward her captor. In addition, I was pulled so deeply into the story that I also felt anger towards her rescuer for allowing her to continue to forget her past. His selfishness mirrored that of the murderer/captor although he was the hero for bringing her to safety after finding her initially. I know the story would've been extremely short if the author didn't allow this to happen but his behavior angered me just the same.

Without telling the story I must say from start to finish, Ms. Gayle captured my attention providing twists and turns that left me astonished. Each time I thought I knew what was going happen the story took another turn. Each scene more vivid than the next, I felt like I was there when each person was fighting for their life or running to safety. I was clearly able to see the black van, its license plate and smell the sweat of the captor and basement. It is hard to believe that this is Ms. Gayle's first book. I look forward to reading her next book and liken her work to that of one of my favorite authors--Patricia Cornwell.

Well done and I eagerly await the next masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment