Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Charlotte!


C is for Charlotte! We recently relocated from Bucks County, PA to the Charlotte area. After years of working and living in the NY tri-state area we needed a slower place. I really like NC even more than I expected. We no longer have New York City within reach but it’s just a 90-minute flight if we need a fix. There are many new sights to see which I am looking forward to enjoying this summer.

I like the idea of having so many new things around offering new experiences for us. It could be simply turning down a different street and seeing a new beautiful neighborhood or the many restaurants that aren’t up north. A lot of the people living here are from NY or NJ. However, they have become acclimated and have the calming spirit that most southerners have. We moved here for peace and we found it!

I must say that I have only a few complaints.  The complaints that I have are: 1) I have to pump my own gas unlike NJ, 2) the streets aren't wide enough, 3) it takes me 45 minutes to go less than 20 miles to work, and 4) the groceries costs $3-4 more than we're used to paying. Nothing else. Living in the NY area, as much as I loved it, I could create an abundance of things that I disliked.

Charlotte is a great place to work and live. There is always something going in one of the many neighborhoods here. If you’re looking for a place to visit, I think you should put Charlotte on the list. It’s a city with a small town feel. And no, I don’t work for tourism. I just know a great place when I see it.






4 comments:

  1. It does sound like a great place, always like the small town feel, as that is pretty much most of Canada..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Charlotte.

    Nice to meet you!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from rural Iowa and Charlotte still seems huge to me.
    It's good you are enjoying a slower pace of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pat... I have always wanted to visit Canada. It is on my list of places to visit.
    @Teresa... it really is a great place to visit.
    @Ruth... I have never been to Iowa. I grew up in a small town in NY state with cows, farms, black dirt fields,etc. So yes, Charlotte is bigger than that too. However, it has a small town feel.

    Thanks for stopping by everyone!!

    ReplyDelete