Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Road...


Roads lead us to each and every destination. We can't get where we are going without a road. We travel daily but some don't always find the road that they are looking for. When I lived in PA I traveled over an hour to work and sometimes it took almost two hours (without an accident) or three (with an accident) to get home. I did this commute for almost ten years traveling on the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, and other large interstates. There is no experience like this. It was painful! Going to work in the dark so I could miss rush hour traffic was easier than the evening rush hour. It was painful nonetheless. My job in NJ was sixty-two miles each way from my house in PA. It was something I vowed not to do when we relocated. Well...  


My job now is less than twenty miles from my house. Yet it takes me between forty minutes to an hour to get home. There are highways here that aren't wide enough for the number of cars on them. The streets or back roads (short cuts) that I travel on daily aren't wide enough either. I only go twenty miles and travel an hour. Yet I prefer traveling this road much more than any of the NY, NJ, or PA roads. Why? I found my road...


The roads that I travel on now have been clearer in the sense that they have breathed new life into me. Being here has brought me a peace that I have always longed for coupled with more faith than I have ever owned. I can't explain it but I can feel it in all that I do. I interact differently with people and am more humble, and grateful daily. That to me is a new life!


Relocating here to Charlotte has given us just enough city without the attitude to go with it. It has city ills that most have but it has enough good to drown them out. The road we traveled to get here was surrounded by mountains and guided us to North Carolina's roads that would provide better opportunities for us. 


When you find your Purpose, while on your Quest, seek the Road that will lead you to a more peaceful life... Are you on the right road?


Thanks for stopping by! 
Stacey~

3 comments:

  1. G'Day Stacey, Great post! There's a whole lotta love in the words you've written, not to mention the strength of your character. Patience is a virtue, so they say. And you my friend, are very patient, kind-loving, and determined with God's help to stick on the right road.

    By the way, I sent the email again, twice. Did you receive it yet?

    I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but I have made you a blog button, to display here on your blog if you'd like to, but please don't feel you have to.

    Okie Dokie, perhaps, if you email me at: hereiamkaycee at msn dot com

    and then'll I'll forward it again to you. Like you, I never give up :)

    Keep smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am very thankful that it only takes me about 15-20 to get from home to work... However, we will be moving to a different country in the fall and the daily commute is something I wonder about. We won't have a car (now we have 2) so we'll be relying on public transport. We have no idea how far our place will be from the office. This is only one of the bazillion questions about our new home! But we do know we are on the right road. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post. You made me think of this road of life we're all on--our own Damascus road. Will we be blind for life or will we "wake" to a new and clearer vision?

    ReplyDelete