Sunday, April 1, 2012

The A to Z Challenge for April. We begin with the letter A...

Answering the call from my dreams that have lived inside of my heart and mind has been the easy part. Bringing them to life while being patient has been extremely difficult. Basically I am poised, and ready to move into the next chapter of my life when that chapter hasn’t even clearly opened up for me. Sigh. I have to wait.

I have to continually remind myself to be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day. They say. And you have to crawl before you can walk. That makes sense. Creating a clear cut marketing plan for successfully introducing BrookLyn’s Journey to young adult readers, has been helpful since it’s somewhat of a distraction from my intense desire to have my book finished. 

Note to self: continue working with the editor, and book cover designer to create a successful project. I did my part by answering the call, and now things will all fall into place. Now, back to my marketing plan and my quest for patience…

6 comments:

  1. Answering the call is sometimes the hardest part. Good luck with everything (from one social worker turned writer to another.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping the hardest part is over..

    Happy A to Z
    baygirl32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience. Yes. It needs to be our friend. Greetings from a fellow A to Z blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are far from alone in your quest for patience. I'm right there on that road with you, and I'm sure we won't lack for company :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Roni... thanks! That says something about the field. LOL!
    @Babygirl... I hope so too!
    @Heather... I am trying to make it my friend. LOL!
    @Rhonda... I am sure there are a lot of others that will stand with us too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi DW, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm loving this A to Z challenge and it seems you are also. Your post makes my heart ache because I empathize with you. It's so hard to be patient. And there's so many things we need to be patient about--even that waiting on our prayers to be answered. Here's a bit of advice from an impatient person: keep busy. Nothing makes the time pass faster than that.

    ReplyDelete