Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for Genuine...


G is for genuine. Character is very important to me. I am NOT impressed by things, socioeconomic status or education. I am impressed by character and genuineness. I gravitate towards people that are kind and courteous. I am a trustworthy person and seek out friendships with others that have similar characteristics. We can be polar opposites in our ethnicity, religion, and life experiences. Yet I require honesty, integrity and empathy from all of my friends. This to me personifies genuineness.

What matters to me is the genuineness of a person’s soul. So many people walk daily unable, by choice, to be kind, and courteous. They don’t utter thank you, you’re welcome, offer a smile, or bid you farewell. The world has changed, and as a result people have changed. I am old enough to remember when neighbors looked out for neighbors and didn’t harm or steal from them. Now we ignore each other focusing solely on what’s going on in our own lives… Genuine people are the same even when no one is looking. Those are the kind of people that I cherish in my life. Be genuine.

G is also for good night! I enjoy the rest of your weekend. Have a Happy Easter or Passover as well...

4 comments:

  1. You are a man after my own heart. You look for the things that Jesus looked for. This is a Jesus-felt post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It "genuinely" irks me when people judge someone on not being successful, or wealthy, or thin, or good looking. The world would be a better place if we just looked for that special something that lies within each and every one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your post.
    Do check out my G at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pat... I am a woman after your own heart. My name is Stacey... LOL! Thanks! I walk by faith.
    @Li... I agree!
    Pa U1... I will

    ReplyDelete