Monday, April 23, 2012

U is of course for U-turn...

Today I was close to home when the traffic came to a complete stop. Two lanes of cars merging into one because of a bad accident. I sat for a bit inching with everyone else but eventually I made a U-turn like some others. What does it mean when everyone makes a U-turn and ends up in the same spot? Yup, you guessed it. It means another traffic jam... I regretted it but it was too late to make another U-turn. As a result, it took almost two hours to get home today. I am left to wonder, would it have just been easier  to sit and wait in the initial traffic jam? Probably.

Life affords many opportunities for us to make u-turn after u-turn until we feel we are in the right place. Hopefully when dealing with more than just simple, annoying rush hour traffic, your decisions will be made with patience, and thought. Unlike my hasty decision that only created a worst commute for me.

Note to self: Make sure you think before you make another U-turn. Patience brings you out further along...  hindsight is, LOL!!

Stacey~

2 comments:

  1. That's happened to me so many times. Make a U turn. Suffer the consequences.

    Just stopping in to say hi from the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! When will we learn? Thanks for stopping by.

    Stacey~

    ReplyDelete