Tuesday, April 24, 2012

V is for VACATION...

I need a VACATION but not in the normal sense. I need a vacation from selfish and jealous people. I have recently met a group of people at a new "place" who I realize are very catty and juvenile. I didn't play well in the sandbox when I was young and am having a difficult time now trying to play in it. I do not understand why you can't be friends with more than one person in a group. I thought that ended once you successfully moved through Erikson's stages of development. I mean, doesn't this end by high school graduation at least? 


I am annoyed because all of them are older than me. We are all over forty. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" I am not a jealous person at all because if you are blessed one way, God blesses me another. I focus on my desires, dreams and goals, and the safety and health of my family. I don't care what others have or don't have. I am not impressed by things either. I actually had someone imply that I shouldn't be friends with someone else. Yup, more than once. Again, she is older than me. 


I didn't sit down to Vent but I needed to get it out. Now I can let it go. Until something else happens. LOL! I will never understand why people can't get through the day without trying to mess up someone's day. Mine wasn't messed up but I was taken aback by the behavior. Well, tomorrow I will sit in the corner of the sandbox away from everyone. Grow up people! 


I still want a vacation...


Stacey~
(I didn't confirm the stages were Erikson's but you get the idea. It's been a long time since I've been in a psych. class and I didn't feel like searching on google.)

2 comments:

  1. Stacey,

    I say the following with great sincerity! Good Luck! I am finding something similar to what you are describing and do not have an answer. I do know, however, that age has nothing to do with it. We would all like to think that someone would be kinder and more thoughtful with age and experience, but often it makes them behave more like and animal than not. The only thing I can say is that we all need to cling on to the good people we come across at work or privately, and be grateful for when they do pass through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous. The crazy thing is this was one of the good ones. LOL! It is quite an interesting place. Maybe I got it because there were more characters for my books. Who knows. Pretty scary but I know how to keep myself safe when I see danger>>>>retreat! Ha! Today will be better because they have forced me to change in order to make the day a better one for me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete